- CAD Internship Manual (updated March 2013)
- Internship Agencies (updated March 2013)
- EC Internship Contract Fall 2013
- SA, YA, PAS Internship Contract (Fall 2013)
- FAQs (updated March 2013)
Attention Internship Applicants
The Internship Application deadline for Spring 2014 will be posted by the beginning of the Fall 2013 semester. The Spring 2014 application and instructions will be posted here.
- No internships will be offered during Summer 2013
- The mandatory Orientations for Fall 2013 interns in all concentrations have been completed
- The Internship link on the left has more information re: Internship Manual, Internship agencies, Internship contract, and FAQs.
- Majors with CAD major Bulletin 2010-2011 or earlier, note:
- A final internship experience is required of all CAD majors and is to be taken during the student’s final semester at SFSU. CAD 300 or an approved substitution must be completed prior to the internship as well. A grade of C or better must be earned in all courses that make up the 36 units in the major (which does not include the prerequisites). The prerequisites must be completed before the internship begins.
- Students are required to work approximately 10 hours a week at an approved internship site throughout the semester, for a total of 120 hours. These hours must be spread across the semester rather than being completed in a condensed time frame. Along with the internship itself, students are required to attend a weekly seminar. Students must register for the internship seminar and field work experience concurrently. All YC concentration students from any Bulletin year will take CAD 610 Internship Seminar (1 unit) and CAD 611 Internship (2 units). YC students in the CAD major Bulletin 2010 or earlier are not required to document 150 hours of work prior to internship.
- Majors with CAD major Bulletin 2011-12 and beyond, note:
- For majors with CAD major Bulletin 2011-2012 and beyond, and who are NOT in the EC concentration, the required courses for internship and seminar are specified in the Bulletin under each concentration. A final internship experience is required and is to be taken during the student’s final semester at SFSU. A total of 30 units must be completed prior to the start of the internship. A grade of C or better must be earned in all of the courses that make up the 30 units.
- Along with the internship itself, students are required to attend a weekly seminar. Students must register for the internship seminar and field work experience concurrently. EC students in the CAD major Bulletin 2011 or beyond are required to document 150 hours of work prior to internship. This signed documentation can be turned in to the CAD Department office. If an EC major does not complete these hours prior to the start of internship, the internship will be cancelled.
Applying for Internship
One semester before one’s intended internship, the student must fill out a CAD Internship Application form that will be available on the CAD website. The completed form is submitted to the CAD Office as described on the application. Students must show proof of successful completion of the required number of units for the Bulletin year they are following. Students will receive email notice whether or not their application has been approved.
Once approval is received, the student will be required to attend a mandatory orientation during which placement requirements and deadlines are discussed. It is up to the student to contact the CAD department office if s/he has not received confirmation that her application was received and the status of the application. Students who fail to do this will be unable to register for CAD 600 and CAD 601, or CAD 610 and CAD 611, resulting in a delay of graduation.
Mandatory Internship Orientations
If your application to do your internship in Summer/Fall 2013 is approved, you will need to attend a mandatory CAD orientation. Here is the schedule; please make sure you are available. If you have any questions, please contact: Elaine Schilling at: email@example.com
Orientation for ECE concentrations - you must attend one of the following orientations:
- Thursday, March 21st, 2013, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm at the Children's Campus Lounge
Orientation for SA, YW, PAS concentrations - you must attend one of the following orientations:
- Friday, March 15th, 2013, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm at the Library Room 244 (Second Floor)