GRADUATION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE BACHELOR'S DEGREE - Spring 2018
APPLICATION DUE DATES: CAD majors may start submitting Spring 2018 SF State graduation applications to our office starting Monday, January 29, 2018 thru Friday February 9, 2018 before 3:00pm.
1) Students should submit their completed and signed SF State graduation applications to the CAD Department office in SCI 394. Make sure it gets date and time stamped when you turn it in. Applications slipped under the office door or placed in our drop box will not be reviewed and will be returned to the student.
2) Students will need to complete the CAD Exit Survey
3) Because you are a CAD major, you already have met the university's Complementary Studies requirement. Just check off the box to indicate you have met that requirement. (See sample application outside the CAD office door).
4) If you have a minor, you will need to submit the completed page to the department where you are earning the minor.
5) Your application will be assigned to a CAD faculty advisor to review and sign. If any corrections are needed, you will be notified and asked to make modifications. Your application will be reviewed again by the same CAD faculty advisor and signed if all information is accurate. The department chair reviews, approves, and signs the application after the faculty advisor has signed it.
Please note: The department approves only requirements for the CAD major. All other university requirements are checked by the university Registrar's Office.
6) The CAD office then notifies you to pick up your signed application.
7) Students submit the signed graduation application to the university Registrar's Office along with the $100 graduation application fee.
Why A Graduation Fee? The SF State graduation application entitles students to an official graduation evaluation of progress toward meeting baccalaureate degree requirements. This takes an enormous amout of staff time to research and process records for all graduation applications the university receives. This CSU system-wide fee also covers processing and diploma production and mailing costs.
If students qualify for graduation by the designated graduation date, they may participate in the University's annual commencement ceremony. Students who reapply for graduation for a different semester must submit another graduation application and pay the $100 fee again. There is a $5 late charge if turned in after the deadline. The graduation application link is below.
Note: The CAD department due dates are prior to the university deadline. This allows time for the department to review applications and return them to students before the university deadline. Please do not contact CAD faculty advisors or schedule advising appointments in order to review graduation applications.
Remember: Graduation Application Deadline
We will begin accepting applications starting Monday, January 29, 2018
You must submit your completed application to our office by Friday, February 9, 2018 before 3:00pm
CAD Student Recognition Ceremony
San Francisco State University’s Child & Adolescent Development Department is hosting a student recognition ceremony on Saturday, May 19th, 2018 from 2:00-3:30pm. Further information regarding the ceremony will be provided in March.
Download Adobe Reader. The documents on this website have been identified as having barriers to accessibility. The site owner is working to remedy these access barriers. If you experience problems using this site/the documents, contact cad.sfsu.edu.