GRADUATION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE BACHELOR'S DEGREE - SPRING 2016
1) Students should complete the graduation application and turn it into the CAD office.
2) The application will be assigned to a CAD advisor to review and sign. If there are any questions or corrections, students will be notified and asked to make the modifications. The application will then go back to the CAD advisor.
3) Once the application is signed, the CAD office will notify students to pick up the application.
4) Students submit the graduation application to the university with the graduation application fee.
Note: the dates set by the CAD department are before the university deadline. This allows time for applications to be reviewed, corrected, and signed before they are due to the university. Please do not contact CAD advisors or schedule advising appointments to review graduation applications before turning in the application to the CAD department office.
The University graduation application and filing fee is $100. This fee entitles students to an official graduation evaluation of progress toward meeting baccalaureate degree requirements. If students qualify for graduation by the designated graduation date, they may participate in the University's annual commencement ceremony. Students who reapply for graduation for a different semester must submit another graduation application and pay the $100 fee again. There is a $5 late charge if turned in after the deadline. The graduation application link is below.
Graduation Application Deadline
We will begin accepting applications starting January 19, 2016
You must submit your completed application to our office by February 5, 2016 before 4:00pm
Save the Date: 2016 CAD Department Recognition Ceremony - May 14, 2016 in Annex I on campus.
CAD's Recognition Ceremony - General Information
The CAD Department hosts one ceremony in May. Students who graduated the previous August or January can attend the May ceremony along with students who plan to graduate in May*. The May 2016 ceremony will take place on Saturday, May 14 in Annex I on campus. We will begin posting more details in several months.
* A point of clarification: You must complete all of the requirements for the BA degree before you can participate in the CAD ceremony. If you have any summer courses to take even if they are not for the CAD major, you may not participate in the ceremony. Your option is to participate in the university-wide ceremony on May 27 at AT&T Park in San Francisco.