Graduation Application Process for CAD Students
- Visit the SF State Registrar’s Office website for detailed steps on how to apply for graduation.
- Submit your completed and signed graduation application to the CAD Department Office (SCI 394) by 4:00 PM on Friday, February 8th, 2019. We highly recommend students to keep a copy of their application for their records. Please note, students with a minor will need to submit the completed page to the department where they are earning the minor.
- CAD faculty advisors will be assigned to review and sign graduation applications. If any corrections are needed, students will be notified and asked to make modifications. The application will be reviewed again by the same CAD faculty advisor and signed if all information is accurate. The department chair reviews, approves, and signs the application after the faculty advisor has signed it.
- Check your email to receive notification from the CAD office staff on when your signed application is ready to be picked up.
- Submit your graduation application to the SF State Registrar’s Office along with paying the graduation application fee.
- CAD students meet the university's Complementary Studies requirement and can check off the box to indicate that they have met that requirement.
- The department approves only requirements for the CAD major. All other university requirements are checked by the SF State Registrar's Office. If students are unsure if they are meeting all university graduation requirements (e.g., General Education requirements), they should meet with an advisor at the Student Resource Center or Undergraduate Advising Center.
- The CAD department due dates are before the university deadline. The CAD department deadline allows time for the department to review applications and return them to students before the university deadline. Please do not contact CAD faculty advisors or schedule advising appointments to review graduation applications.
- Students who reapply for graduation for a different semester must submit another graduation application and pay the $100 fee again. There is a $5 late charge if turned in after the deadline.
- If students qualify for graduation by the designated graduation date, they may participate in the University's annual commencement ceremony. You can visit SF State’s Commencement website for more information.
There a multiple support services for completing your graduation application:
- Graduation Workshops – College of Health & Social Sciences
- CAD Graduation Workshops in CAD 600 courses (please check your syllabi or with your instructor if there will be a workshop in your course section).
CAD Student Recognition Ceremony
CAD students graduating in fall 2018, spring 2019, and summer 2019 – save the date! The Department of Child & Adolescent Development is hosting a student recognition ceremony on Sunday, May 19th, 2019 at Castro Theatre in San Francisco. Further information regarding the ceremony will be provided closer to the event.
SF State Commencement 2019
San Francisco State University’s 118th Commencement has been scheduled for Tuesday, May 28, 2019, at Oracle Park. The ceremony will be held at the downtown ballpark for the fifth consecutive year, and more than 30,000 graduates, family members and friends are expected to attend. For up to date information, please visit http://commencement.sfsu.edu/